ADVERTISEMENT

A little help. What do these guys actually do?

They do CCC2.0's job for him so he can sit back and rake in the money. A lot more money flying around to try to get a competitive advantage over your peers (or in trying to keep up with the Joneses)

I'm guessing he may be like the HR dept for a football team.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Did we actually have all these positions before? Never heard anything of them if we did. Seems like ol Cig is building a fortress of coaches, staff, and front office types. Wonder what the "all-in" salary number is for this program?

Did we actually have all these positions before? Never heard anything of them if we did. Seems like ol Cig is building a fortress of coaches, staff, and front office types. Wonder what the "all-in" salary number is for this program?
Actually, IU did. It’s more housecleaning in action. Even the quality control positions have fresh faces on the coaches roster. Looks like Bostad is the sole holdover from the prior barrel.

Actually, IU did. It’s more housecleaning in action. Even the quality control positions have fresh faces on the coaches roster. Looks like Bostad is the sole holdover from the prior barrel.
Well, crap. I was hoping we were doing something that we hadn’t tried. Guess I’ll hope we just do it a helluva lot better than we did before. Shouldn’t actually be that hard.

Assuming these new hires are an upgrade, which I take as an article of faith since it's a move by CCC, where will we see the improvement?

Ferrara brings a wealth of SEC experience to Curt Cignetti's new Hoosiers operation

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-mike-ferrara-to-lead-indiana-personnel
I wiuld venture they handle all the off field BS that comes with running a P5 program. Recruiting communications, NIL packages, press releases, academic support, social media, making sure kids stay out of trouble. I would have them do everything so Cig can focus on coaching, Recruiting, and generally kicking ass taking names.

Looks like Eddie Burk Jr. and Ryan McInerney are also holdovers from the old staff excluding GA's, trainers, and "director" positions. In his first year in '23, Burk was a volunteer assistant coach who assisted with the defensive backs and aided the strength and conditioning program. McInerney has had 10 prior seasons as quality control assistant for special teams.

I know of one other hold over but he has asked me to not say anything yet.

Is he hiding so they don't know he's there? jj

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Oh hell yes - we had assistants to assistants. Any part of the game, we had a coach for it.

It's getting to be like our BB staff - more BB staff on the sidelines than players. Each player could have their own individual coach.

This isn't something that started with CCC.

I wiuld venture they handle all the off field BS that comes with running a P5 program. Recruiting communications, NIL packages, press releases, academic support, social media, making sure kids stay out of trouble. I would have them do everything so Cig can focus on coaching, Recruiting, and generally kicking ass taking names.
The school is supposed to have nothing to do with NIL.

Key words: 'supposed to'

Assuming these new hires are an upgrade, which I take as an article of faith since it's a move by CCC, where will we see the improvement?

Ferrara brings a wealth of SEC experience to Curt Cignetti's new Hoosiers operation

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-mike-ferrara-to-lead-indiana-personnel
Remember when DiNardo got hired and had to drive around Indiana and visit every high school personally to see which ones knew what a football looked like? Which ones to never ever recruit from? Now they have a guy for that. And a guy who counts drops, and double teams, and water squirts.

More than ever, coaches need to move away from the prima-dona and find the kid with the same metrics but who wants to play and get better and be about us us us instead of me me me. These analysts can mine those fields.

Not surprising. Cover all the bases as adequately as possible to stay productive, keep within the budget and in the black.

That would be the bare minimum in the SEC.
I'm sure there are other perks that go along with being an analyst (sponsored car, country club membership, etc.) but it seems that Alabama analyst jobs are in line with what IU gives theirs as far as I can tell. Just from a few checks, in '21, the most recent year I can search, the following Bama analysts (Bamalysts?) and their salaries:
  • Nick Cochrane ('18-'21) $25,433.36
  • Bert Biffani ('20-'21) $70,631
  • George Banko ('21) $25,404.93
  • Alex Mortenson ('21 but was a GA and analyst from '14-'18) $100,414.29
Checked Auburn to compare how the Alabama schools do it and we have:
  • Danny McDonald ('21) $47,817.54
  • Tanner Tallan ('21) $47,817.54
  • Bodie Reeder ('21) $45,833.37
  • Rocco Bellantoni ('21) $39,772.86
Auburn hired Bryan Harsin in '21 so I believe that's why most guys are tenured just for '21 but the Auburn website is a vague so some may have been there longer. While diving into this I learned that our old friend Darren Hiller is currently on staff there as a defensive analyst.

Reactions: red hornet
Capt. Whitaker : Work with Kaffee on this.
Lt. Weinberg : Doing what? Kaffee will have this done in about four days.
Capt. Whitaker : Doing various administrative things. Backup. Whatever.
Lt. Weinberg : In other words I have no responsibilities whatsoever.
Capt. Whitaker : Right.

Reactions: kmathum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT