ADVERTISEMENT

83 Votes Decide Republican Primary

Wrong guy win?

You like either of these guys' chances against Conway, anyway? I thought Heiner was the guy. What happened?

I know very little about KY politics. But I know Conway had small polling leads over all the GOP candidates, and Bevin polled the weakest.

So if he gets the win, is it an insurgency or a mistake?

I'm just glad I don't have to put up with their ridiculous ads and petty bickering--at least for a few months until the general election heats up.

Wrong guy win?

You like either of these guys' chances against Conway, anyway? I thought Heiner was the guy. What happened?

I know very little about KY politics. But I know Conway had small polling leads over all the GOP candidates, and Bevin polled the weakest.

So if he gets the win, is it an insurgency or a mistake?

I was shocked that Comer survived to do this well.
Two weeks ago, a college girlfriend came out and claimed he abused her and made her get an abortion.
He denied it.
Surely it cost him some votes.
If it did, it cost him the candidacy.

Bevin is not popular among McConnell supporters, but will still get Republican support statewide. But Democrats outnumber Republicans statewide 3ish to 1.

Louisville candidates sometimes struggle against candidates from out in the state. With both of them from Louisville, that factor may be nullified. But Bevin is more likely to do well in "Good Old Boy Ville" than Conway. One, Bevin got "caught" at a cockfight giving a Tea Party-ish speech about freedom. The eastern hill fellas will love that. And Conway refused to argue the "same sex marriage" case on behalf of the state when it was overturned by federal Judge Heyburn. He didn't feel strongly enough to resign, just strongly enough to tell the governor "go hire a private firm - I refuse." That might play in Manhattan, Louisville and Lexington, but in Mousie and Grinderswitch, they may take a different view of "a state statute what got voted in to keep them gays from a-marryin."

If I had to bet today, I'd bet Conway loses.
He took a bad beating from McConnell, and he'd rather play golf than campaign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT