ADVERTISEMENT

$569 Per Night

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
That is what was quoted to a Western Kentucky fan looking to drive up, go to the game and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bloomington.

Do Bloomington hotels get that kind of money for game days? Seriously?

Reactions: Thyrsis
That's probably for 2 nights. Even if you try to get one night they only quote the 2 night minimum.

Two night minimum is standard for Bloomington hotels on game weekends, even for "budget" lodging.

That is what was quoted to a Western Kentucky fan looking to drive up, go to the game and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bloomington.

Do Bloomington hotels get that kind of money for game days? Seriously?
Hard to beat the location. A DUI is about $10K.

That's probably for 2 nights. Even if you try to get one night they only quote the 2 night minimum.

I checked the Hilton Garden Inn site and it was the per night price, so a two-night stay starting on the 19th would be over $1000.00 ..

Conversely, Holiday Inn Express & Suites was showing $148 a night from the 18th thru 20th when I checked early Wednesday.

Go-IU-Win

They price the rooms really high early in hopes that unknowing people will go ahead and book them. The price will go down as football season nears. They do the same if using Hilton points as the hotel gets reimbursed the advertised "$$$ rack rate" from Hilton when people book using points.

Wow, no wonder we have trouble getting butts in the stands. Greedy f*$k's
There's not a motel in any major college town that doesn't do this. Greedy? Sure, but everyone does it. Try landing a hotel in Indy at rate during the final four!

There's not a motel in any major college town that doesn't do this. Greedy? Sure, but everyone does it. Try landing a hotel in Indy at rate during the final four!
All of these hotels sell out at these rates? That would surprise me considering the number of people in attendance. (I know, $40K is still a heck of a lot of people, many needing hotel rooms.) I would never do it, though. And please do not tell me you just compared an IU football home weekend to the Final Four in Indy…..IU vs WKU, more precisely….

Hi all, I'm travelling over from the UK for game on Oct 17. I looked at hotels around Bloomington but found it cheaper to travel from hotel in downtown Indianapolis via airport bus and back x

Reactions: RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT