“He was part of this group”

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
The Abe suspect

CNN sourced

“Tetsuya Yamagami, 41, admitted to shooting Abe, Nara Nishi police said during a news conference on Friday. Yamagami, who is unemployed, told investigators he holds hatred toward a certain group that he thought Abe was linked to.”

Sounds like the US.
Which groups do YOU hate?
Lump em all in there.
Hate em.
What could go wrong with hating Deplorables? Or Trumptards? Or hillbillies? Or accosting those you hate in public, making sure they know they aren't welcome? At a store, or restaurant, or softball practice, or in their yard?

Ideas up! Don't shoot!

The Abe suspect

CNN sourced

“Tetsuya Yamagami, 41, admitted to shooting Abe, Nara Nishi police said during a news conference on Friday. Yamagami, who is unemployed, told investigators he holds hatred toward a certain group that he thought Abe was linked to.”

Sounds like the US.
Lump em all in there.
Hate em.
What could go wrong with hating Deplorables? Or Trumptards? Or hillbillies? Or accosting those you hate in public, making sure they know they aren't welcome? At a store, or restaurant, or softball practice, or in their yard?

Ideas up! Don't shoot!
I know someone here that absolutely loathes woke millennials, I wonder if he will cop to it?

Reactions: UncleMark
The Abe suspect

CNN sourced

Sounds like the US.
Lump em all in there.
Hate em.

Ideas up! Don't shoot!
Serious question. What’s wrong with you?

Serious question. What’s wrong with you?
I’m not afraid to hold up a mirror and ask people to look into it.

Whats groups do you lump and hate?

Do you want to be this guy?

ef0cb52cff528b792fcdbd74a64d45656fbcc8fe.gif

I know someone here that absolutely loathes woke millennials, I wonder if he will cop to it?
Are you certain?

I bet he just objects to them refusing to apply their own rules to themselves, and points it out. 😎

Is that hate?

pondering …. pondering …,

Maybe “strong, justifiable dislike” combined with unfortunate honest compulsion to shine a light?

The best question - does he oppose violence?

The best question - does he oppose violence?
That is a great thought, but in the Abe thread someone seemed certain the shooter was a pacifist so I guess opposing violence correlates well to murder.

You have seen he blamed a religious group for defrauding his mother causing her to go bankrupt. It was a very targeted and personal hate. Still not right, but somewhat different from hating certain groups out of general principle. Charles Bronson made a fortune playing this type of guy in movies.

I’m not afraid to hold up a mirror and ask people to look into it.

Whats groups do you lump and hate?

Do you want to be this guy?

ef0cb52cff528b792fcdbd74a64d45656fbcc8fe.gif
While you're holding up that mirror, try some self-reflection.

You mostly come across as someone who craves attention.

The Bridge on the River Kwai is a great movie, though. My dad's favorite.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
While you're holding up that mirror, try some self-reflection.

You mostly come across as someone who craves attention.

The Bridge on the River Kwai is a great movie, though. My dad's favorite.
Thanks.

Most posters here at the Look At Me Board don’t notice those subtleties. But you be wicked a-wear.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Seems to me it is more accurate to say a person dislikes groups rather than hates groups. Let us face it, hate is a very strong emotion. So strong it can be self destructive.

We say we hate driving in heavy traffic. Aren't we really saying we dislike the dangers of heavy traffic and the delays it causes in getting somewhere on time ?

The dislikes which can stir strong emotions include members of a group referring to values which you hold dear as being immoral, unpatriotic, extreme, stupid, and the list goes on. Pejorative terms which are designed to stir up resentment and emotions such as woke, racist, liars, communistic, and authoritarian are often used in political dialogue to stir up the emotions of friends and foes alike.

In Nazi Germany the leadership managed to stir up hatred toward Jews. A hatred built on emotion without an intellectual basis. We cannot let this happen in our country by turning our political disagreements into a country with group hatred.

Reactions: TomEric4756
The Abe suspect

CNN sourced

Sounds like the US.
Lump em all in there.
Hate em.

Ideas up! Don't shoot!
Weird that you point to people "hating" folks that belong to groups like "Deplorables", "trumptards" or hillbillies, and certainly normal people might express dislike for those types...

But when you talk about really HATING a group of people, I'm not sure anyone hates any of them enough to wish them harm...

On the other hand...just one of many out there...

Weird that you point to people "hating" folks that belong to groups like "Deplorables", "trumptards" or hillbillies, and certainly normal people might express dislike for those types...

But when you talk about really HATING a group of people, I'm not sure anyone hates any of them enough to wish them harm...

On the other hand...just one of many out there...

Cos, my problem with the video you cited is that thanks to the internet and social media anyone can find a deplorable video which obscures the fact the video depicts a view which simply isn't widely held.

In other words, a person seeing this video might conclude the pastor's view of homosexuals is common place among Christian ministers.

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
That is a great thought, but in the Abe thread someone seemed certain the shooter was a pacifist so I guess opposing violence correlates well to murder.

You have seen he blamed a religious group for defrauding his mother causing her to go bankrupt. It was a very targeted and personal hate. Still not right, but somewhat different from hating certain groups out of general principle. Charles Bronson made a fortune playing this type of guy in movies.
No, Marvin, I can't let you get away with lying. I said he COULD have been a pacifist - meaning he didn't want to alter the Japanese Constitution banning war.

You know - just like environmentalists save the environment by blocking traffic and causing vehicles to idle on the highway, burning gas and throwing pollution in one area.

Don't be like the pea-brained morons on here who take a work or words out of context and base your argument on that.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Cos, my problem with the video you cited is that thanks to the internet and social media anyone can find a deplorable video which obscures the fact the video depicts a view which simply isn't widely held.

In other words, a person seeing this video might conclude the pastor's view of homosexuals is common place among Christian ministers.
Well, that's what he's going for, so......

Well this guy just happens to be a Pastor, but that's certainly not a requirement. I would point out that this guy has a congregation in Texas, and it's not like any GOP politicians raced to call him out...

Again go back to the OP and the ridiculous claim that (according to MITIOF) the hate is being shown exclusively towards "Deplorables, Trumptards and hillbillies". Since he didn't mention groups that the Right loves to hate, I feel the need to offer a counter point. He's also confusing dislike for visceral hate, and I'll show a few more examples...

These folks seem to be experiencing visceral hate. See if you agree...

So another Pastor- Greg Locke. So would you say this qualifies as "preaching hate" or not? And keep in mind, among the devoted followers of Greg Locke are several GOP political figures, for example Mike Flynn and Roger Stone. So does that cross over into mainstream?

And he lies as well...

He seems to even hate people with Disabilities...

The "reawaken America" tour- Locke, Flynn ,Lindell, Stone, Eric Trump- you get the gist...

And speaking of GOP lawmakers- this guy is running for the OK State Senate and got more votes in the GOP Primary than any other candidate...Not only does he spout anti-semitic nonsense, but he doesn't know (I guess) that Central American Catholics are Christians...

And that's just how he feels about Brown Christians and Jews. For goodness sakes don't get him started on "Godless Commies" or Pride month...

Doesn't sound like any of these folks are attacking "deplorables, Trumptards or hillbillies...

Well this guy just happens to be a Pastor, but that's certainly not a requirement. I would point out that this guy has a congregation in Texas, and it's not like any GOP politicians raced to call him out...

Again go back to the OP and the ridiculous claim that (according to MITIOF) the hate is being shown exclusively towards "Deplorables, Trumptards and hillbillies". Since he didn't mention groups that the Right loves to hate, I feel the need to offer a counter point. He's also confusing dislike for visceral hate, and I'll show a few more examples...

So another Pastor- Greg Locke. So would you say this qualifies as "preaching hate" or not? And keep in mind, among the devoted followers of Greg Locke are several GOP political figures, for example Mike Flynn and Roger Stone. So does that cross over into mainstream?

And he lies as well...

The "reawaken America" tour- Locke, Flynn ,Lindell, Stone, Eric Trump- you get the gist...

And speaking of GOP lawmakers- this guy is running for the OK State Senate and got more votes in the GOP Primary than any other candidate...Not only does he spout anti-semitic nonsense, but he doesn't know (I guess) that Central American Catholics are Christians...

And that's just how he feels about Brown Christians and Jews. For goodness sakes don't get him started on "Godless Commies" or Pride month...

Doesn't sound like any of these folks are attacking "deplorables, Trumptards or hillbillies...
Don’t put words in my mouth.
Especially when you suck at interpretation

Are we saying there's right wing hatred and violence in Japan, like a mini one-one-thousandth of the USA right wing terrorists? Sad.

Seems to me it is more accurate to say a person dislikes groups rather than hates groups. Let us face it, hate is a very strong emotion. So strong it can be self destructive.

We say we hate driving in heavy traffic. Aren't we really saying we dislike the dangers of heavy traffic and the delays it causes in getting somewhere on time ?

The dislikes which can stir strong emotions include members of a group referring to values which you hold dear as being immoral, unpatriotic, extreme, stupid, and the list goes on. Pejorative terms which are designed to stir up resentment and emotions such as woke, racist, liars, communistic, and authoritarian are often used in political dialogue to stir up the emotions of friends and foes alike.

In Nazi Germany the leadership managed to stir up hatred toward Jews. A hatred built on emotion without an intellectual basis. We cannot let this happen in our country by turning our political disagreements into a country with group hatred.
"A hatred built on emotion without an intellectual basis".

The 100+ countries, city states and dominions who banned the jew over the past 600 years or so demonstrate the basis you so naively deny.

• Wow
Reactions: outside shooter

The 100+ countries, city states and dominions who banned the jew over the past 600 years or so demonstrate the basis you so naively deny.
"the jew"?

Is that the group that forced Germany to defend it'self and invade other countries?

[/QUOTE}

Not saying hatred such as the hostility and discrimination toward Jews as a religious, ethnic. or racial group doesn't exist. Just saying in my opinion such hated is often irrational and can be self destructing.

Heck as a country we exhibited what could be called hatred toward the Japanese during WWII to the extent that we set up prison camps for our own ethnic Japanese Americans. As we look back on this, we realize it was based more on emotion and exaggerated fears than reason.

And he lies as well...

Cos, didn't realize Locke existed. As someone who wishes ministers wouldn't mix politics and religion, seeing Locke go to an extreme with his political dialogue ranting wasn't exactly my cup of tea. Stomping, pounding, and yelling maybe appropriate at a pre-game football rally, but as part of a religious sermon, it just seemed out of place.

Even more disturbing were the church members who responded positively even when Locke castigated those fellow church goers in the audience whom he detected weren't buying into his over zealous out bursts.

Never doubted ministers such as Locke existed. Just believe they are few and far between. Country needs ministers who bring us together rather than further divide us.

Cos, didn't realize Locke existed. As someone who wishes ministers wouldn't mix politics and religion, seeing Locke go to an extreme with his political dialogue ranting wasn't exactly my cup of tea. Stomping, pounding, and yelling maybe appropriate at a pre-game football rally, but as part of a religious sermon, it just seemed out of place.

Even more disturbing were the church members who responded positively even when Locke castigated those fellow church goers in the audience whom he detected weren't buying into his over zealous out bursts.

Never doubted ministers such as Locke existed. Just believe they are few and far between. Country needs ministers who bring us together rather than further divide us.
My unsolicited advice to my Christian brothers and sisters is “change hearts, not laws. And do it with love, not judgement. We all suck at being sinless.”

Reactions: hoot1
Don’t put words in my mouth.
Especially when you suck at interpretation
Hmmm... I don't see any mention of victims of right wing hate. What am I missing?

"What could go wrong with hating Deplorables? Or Trumptards? Or hillbillies? Or accosting those you hate in public, making sure they know they aren't welcome? At a store, or restaurant, or softball practice, or in their yard?"

Had you added election workers, teachers, school board members or any number of marginalized groups like LGBTQ, or immigrants as one of your 3 examples, I wouldn't even have posted. Guess I missed it?

You're a raging anti-Semite. That's a fact. You've provided ample evidence in the thread "Jewish Community Under Attack" and in other threads including some referencing Zelensky of Ukraine.

I'm not Jewish but Jew, Christian, atheist or whatever - - your shit needs to be called out.
You brought them up.....go read the threads again short bus...

Show me those words....'hate' 'jew'......

Just the facts.....

"There's a difference between 'hate speech'
and speech that you hate"

Hmmm... I don't see any mention of victims of right wing hate. What am I missing?

"What could go wrong with hating Deplorables? Or Trumptards? Or hillbillies? Or accosting those you hate in public, making sure they know they aren't welcome? At a store, or restaurant, or softball practice, or in their yard?"

Had you added election workers, teachers, school board members or any number of marginalized groups like LGBTQ, or immigrants as one of your 3 examples, I wouldn't even have posted. Guess I missed it?
While we know the assassination of Abe may or may not have been motivated by politics, we know the killing of left wing opposition supporter Arruda in Brazil at his birthday celebration Sat night definitely was...

My unsolicited advice to my Christian brothers and sisters is “change hearts, not laws. And do it with love, not judgement. We all suck at being sinless.”
An additional one that I think is consistent with this: argue ideas, don't attack people for holding them.

I feel like this used to be a known and respected rule among the educated and no longer is. Now, most of what passes for political commentary is trying to link a psychological or moral defect to the holding of a particular idea, rather than tackling the idea head on. This board is rampant with it, too, unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT